Chicken and a high-quality grill are the perfect summer pairing. There is nothing like pieces of chicken cooking on charcoal grill to get the mouth watering. Expand your summer grilling repertoire by adding these BBQ chicken recipes. You will win over friends will your cooking skills…just do not reveal how easy it is to create these meals!
Jerk BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Slaw ingredients:
• 4 small boneless, skinless halves of chicken breasts
• 3 heads baby sized bok choy, trimmed and sliced thinly
• 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
• 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
• ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped
• 4 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
• 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• Extra large bowl
• Mixing spoon
• Large, resealable plastic bag
• Grill pan
• Cooking spray
Step 1: Combine the pineapple, cabbage, and bok choy in the extra large bowl. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons brown sugar and the cider vinegar. Drizzle this over the cabbage and bok choy mixture, then toss to coat and set aside.
Step 2: Combine the flour, jerk seasoning, and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar in the plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake the bag to coat each piece.
Step 3: Lightly grease a grill pan with cooking spray. Put the chicken on the pan and cook on medium heat , turning once, until no pink color remains inside chicken, between 6 and 8 minutes. Remove chicken from the heat and place it on the cutting board.
Step 4: Slice the chicken and serve it with the pineapple slaw.
Chimichurri Chicken ingredients:
• 4 boneless, skinless halves of chicken breasts
• 12 ounces of young, fresh green beans
• 3 tablespoons cooking oil
• ¾ cup parsley, packed
• 2 garlic cloves, halved
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Juice and peel of one lemon
• Basting brush
• 1 ½-quart microwave-safe dish
• Vented plastic wrap
• Food processor
Step 1: Use the basting brush to cover chicken with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper on the chicken pieces.
Step 2: Directly grill the chicken on medium heat until it is not pink inside, between 12 and 15 minutes. Turn chicken halfway through its grilling time.
Step 3: Put the beans in the microwave-safe dish and add 1 tablespoon of water. Use the plastic wrap to cover the dish. Microwave for 3 minutes on high and then drain.
Step 4: Prepare the chimichurri sauce in the food processor. Combine red pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt, garlic, vinegar, parsley, and remaining oil. Process until mixture is almost smooth. Top the chicken and beans with the chimichurri sauce, lemon juice, and lemon peel.