Apples are the fruit of fall, making now the perfect time to fire up the grill and use them to make a tasty side dish or dessert. A cast iron Dutch oven will be put to good use for grilling this apple pie.
Grilled Apple Caramel Pie Ingredients:
- 18 refrigerated cinnamon rolls, cold
- 2 packets of cream cheese frosting for rolls
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peel and dice
- ½ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of caramel-flavored ice cream topping
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Medium bowl
- Small blow
- 14-inch cast iron Dutch oven
- Nonstick cooking spray or aluminum foil
Step 1: Preheat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare to place charcoal briquettes on and under the Dutch oven.
Step 2: Cut each of the cinnamon rolls into 4 pieces. Spray the Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray or line it with aluminum foil. Arrange the cinnamon roll pieces in the Dutch oven.
Step 3: Combine the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and apples in the bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces evenly. Cover the Dutch oven.
Step 4: Bake the pie for 25 to 30 minutes. While it is cooking, prepare the caramel icing by combining the caramel topping and cream cheese frosting in a small bowl.
Step 5: Drizzle the icing over the pie while pie is still warm. Serve warm.