Many foods taste better when grilled and vegetables are included in this list. Whether you enjoy traditional favorites such as carrots or tomatoes or something unique such as artichokes, grilling vegetables is not a difficult process. Follow the tips below and the grill will soon yield a bounty of delicious, cooked veggies!
1) Grilled artichokes: halve artichokes, scoop out the hearts, and boil in water until they are tender. Halve some lemons. Place the cut side of the lemons and artichokes down on the grill grate and grill until lightly browned, then remove. Melt butter, combine it with juice from the grilled lemons, and pour this over the artichoke hearts before serving.
2) Grilled spiced carrots: peel carrots and roll them in a mixture of brown sugar, cumin, pepper, and salt. Char on the grill, then move to indirect heat and grill until tender.
3) Grilled ripe tomatoes: select tomatoes that are perfectly ripe and grill them until they are hot and appear lightly charred. Remove from the grill, drizzle some olive oil on each one, and top with salt and pepper. Serve with bread and sliced, fresh mozzarella cheese.
4) Guacamole on the grill: halve avocados, remove the pits, place the cut sides down, and char lightly on the grill. Halve a red onion and grill it. Scoop out the avocado flesh, chop the onion, and combine the two ingredients. Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, and lime juice and mix. Serve with tortilla chips.
5) Grilled corn: grill several ears of corn. Serve with a mixture of cilantro, mint, and coconut milk or plain yogurt featuring minced onion and curry powder.
6) Choose a root vegetable such as yams, large potatoes, or jicama. Slice it and grill slowly until the slices are browned and very tender. Remove from grill and drizzle with melted butter or olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped sage or rosemary and more olive oil before serving.
7) Select another root vegetable and cut it into slices. Char it lightly so it is still crunchy. Remove from the grill, chop into small slices, and toss with some chopped cilantro, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and the juice from a sliced lime cooked on the grill.
8) Grilled zucchini: cut zucchini into thick slices and rub each slice with a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and dill. Grill slowly until browned and tender.
9) Grilled radishes: Place four to six radishes on a skewer and grill. Remove and serve with salt, butter, and warm bread.