Delicious Brioche French Toast from the Grill
More often than not, the grill is only used for lunch and dinner meals to cook hamburgers, steaks and other pieces of meat. But, a grill can do so much more, including cooking delicious vegetables and fruits and even breakfast foods! Here is a great recipe for Stuff Brioche French Toast from the grill that will wow any breakfast crowd.
Stuffed Brioche French Toast Ingredients
12 slices of thick brioche bread
6 oz. softened cream cheese
6 tbsp. peach jam
8 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup half-and-half
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Zest from one orange, finely grated
1/4 tsp. salt
4 large ripe peaches, quartered
Stuffed Brioche French Toast Directions
1. Arrange 6 brioche slices in a single layer in a baking dish. Then, spread softened cream cheese on each slice. On the remaining 6 slices, spread one tablespoon of jam on each slice. Then, turn them over onto the 6 original slices to make sandwiches.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, orange zest, vanilla and salt. Pour this mixture over the brioche. Let the mixture soak into the bread at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning the sandwiches in the dish once.
3. While the brioche is standing, prepare the grill for cooking. Heat the grill to medium-high heat (about 350 degrees). Brush the grill’s cooking grate clean.
4. To begin grilling the brioche, take one sandwich and tip it on its side. This will help the excess eggs mixture to run off the sandwich. Spray the sandwich on both sides with cooking spray and place on the grill. Repeat these steps with the next 5 sandwiches.
5. Grill sandwiches covered, over medium-high heat until they are golden brown on both sides, approximately 6 to 8 minutes turning the sandwiches once. Once all the sandwiches are browned move them to a piece of foil over indirect heat and close the lid. Allow sandwiches to cook an additional 5 minutes until firm in the center.
6. While sandwiches are finishing, grill peaches over direct heat until warm and skin is marked. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes turning once or twice. Remove from grill and cut into lengthwise slices.
7. Remove sandwiches from the grill. Serve with peaches over top.
Brioche French Toast from the grill is a great breakfast or brunch meal that everyone will enjoy. The delicious recipe is a perfect example of how the grill can be used for more than just hamburgers and hotdogs!