Delicious Marinades for Your Next Steak Dinner
Steak is a favorite dinner for many people and usually what makes this cut of meat so special is the marinade that is used to season it. There are a number of steak marinades out there; all uses different spices and oils to give the meat a mouthwatering flavor. No matter what your personal tastes consist of, chances are you will be able to find a steak marinade recipe that brings all of those great flavors together. Here are some of our favorite steak marinade recipes you can use for your next steak dinner.
Simple Steak Marinade
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Celery salt
- 2 lbs. steak (Porterhouse, NY Strip or Top Sirloin)
Directions for Simple Steak Marinade
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
2. Place marinade mixture into a gallon zip-top plastic bag.
3. Place steak cut in the zip-top bag and seal.
4. Place bag in the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least 1 hour before cooking.
5. Remove marinade bag from the refrigerator and remove steak cut from the bag.
6. Cook steak as desired and enjoy!
Honey Steak Marinade
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak
Directions for Honey Steak Marinade
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
2. Score flank steak in a crisscross fashion on the surface of both sides of the steak.
3. Place flank steak in a zip top plastic bag and pour marinade over top.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinade between 45 minutes or overnight.
5. Remove marinade bag from the refrigerator and remove the steak from the bag.
6. Cook as desired, slice on the diagonal and enjoy!
Texas Steak Marinade
- 1 cup salad oil
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 to 2 ½ lbs. beef
Directions for Texas Steak Marinade
1. Prepare beef for cooking and place in a shallow baking dish.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl until well combined.
3. Pour marinade mixture over beef, making sure to coat on both sides.
4. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinade between 1 and 3 days.
5. Remove baking dish with beef from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
6. Drain marinade off beef and wipe excess with a paper towel.
7. Cook beef as desired and enjoy!
If you still need a grill for your summer BBQs, isn’t it time you invested in one of the best charcoal grills available today? The Kamado Pro will make you a true BBQ chef! Best of all, you can order one direct through our website! To learn more about this grill or to place an order, click here.